Sunday, June 26, 2016

New In

I made the mistake of "walking around" the Pearl district of Portland today...because we all know that "walking around" places like Powell's bookstore and Madewell is harmless, right? I was just doing some Sunday browsing, right? Well.....I headed home with a couple of goodies.

I got my hands on this denim jacket from Madewell that I've been lusting after for a while. I have a few denim jackets already, but this one has such a unique look to it, I couldn't resist--let the denim obsession continue.
And of course nothing makes for a better Sunday browse around Portland than the famous Powell's bookstore. I went in with the intention of finding a new cookbook and I wasn't disappointed. The last few months, what with final exams and traveling and moving apartments, I've been eating way more takeout than I care to admit and I'm ready to get back on the healthy eating bandwagen; I'm excited to dig into Clean Slate and see what tasty recipes lie within. I also picked up Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert which seems to be all over the place lately. As an aspiring creative, I'm interested to see what she has to say about the creative process and how to keep the fresh ideas flowing. Finally, I couldn't resist grabbing The Cool Factor as I was walking by the street style section. Because, who doesn't want to know how to be cool? Or at least dress to appear so, which is probably the closest I'll ever get to being cool.
Finally, I'm loving these Dr. Scholl's lace up shoes that I got at a cah-razy good price from Adorn with a employee discount. So far, I've been really good about not spending my entire paycheck on all of the amazing clothes they have, but I'm afraid these shoes may have opened the floodgates of outgoing money...self-control is a tricky thing, isn't it?
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Templates by pipdig